Nilgiris District Co-Operative Milk Producers' Union Limited

                                                                                    

Formation

 On July 14,1946 Ootacamund Co-operative. Milk. Supply Society (OCMSS)  under the tutelage of late Shri Giriappa Gowder was registered. The OCMSS then had a membership of 355 members with the share capital of Rs. 10,275/-

  During mid 1940s milk. was collected from its members residing in and  around Ooty and was supplied to customers. The OCMSS expanded its area into 20  villages during 1960. Between 1962 and 1964 the pasteurization plant with the capacity  of 10,000 lits per day was installed. Later in mid 1970s the OCMSS accumulated assets worth 35.00 lakhs.  Dairy stalwarts like late Dr. N. Basuviah and late Shri Pooviah  have lent their able support during this period.                                           

 Dairy Complex

Our  New Dairy Complex has one of the finest Cheese manufacturing facilities in this country. Infrastructure assistance for establishing Cheese Plant was availed from National Dairy Development Board. The additional cost of civil works was met out from the Hill Area Development Program  funds.

 Operation Flood

 The Operation Flood programme was instrumental for the rapid progress of    this dairy during 1980s. At present there are 113 functional societies with 40,691 milk Producers.

Hill Area Development Programme

As of now a financial assistance, of Rs. 477.434 has been availed through  Hill Area Development Programme, out of which Rs. 347.361 was received as 50% share capital and 50% loan and the remaining amount as 100% grant.

  | Home | Organisation | Procurement | Marketing | Album | Contact Us |

Site created, crafted and cared by TCMPF LTD, Chennai-51