Infrastructure developed under National Agriculture Development Programme (NADP) during the last six years
- Established milk cold room facility for storing three lakh litre of milk.
- Created butter deep freezer facilities to store 894 MT capacity in Erode, Salem and Coimbatore.
- Installed 25 high speed and 11 normal speed milk packing machines with thermal printing technology.
- Established a new product dairy at Ambattur for manufacturing 15,000 litres of ice cream per day and 1,000 Kg. of paneer per day.
- Installed Milk sterilizer and 200 ml packing machines for UHT plant at Salem.
- Purchased 48 road milk tankers to strengthen own milk transportation facility.
- Installed aseptic filling machine with a capacity to pack 6000 no of 1000 ml UHT milk tetrapacs per hour at Salem dairy.
- Door step veterinary health services scheme is being implemented from 2011 onwards by engaging 155 Veterinarians. Through this scheme, animal health services are provided at the doorsteps of the milk producers in the 17 unions, thus ensuring loyalty of the members and also improving milk production by way of better animal health care.
- Facilities in Salem union were strengthened with additional facilities for processing, packing, storage for butter and UHT milk. 5 nos. of milk sale outlets and the dairy refrigeration system were provided for strengthening the systems under the control of Nilgiris union. Infrastructure was strengthened for revamping of dairy capacities in DCMPU Ltd of Virudhunagar, Dharmapuri and Thiruneveli. (Annexure –IV)